Our mission and aims are to work in collaboration with anyone who is truly committed to work in the best interest of the person with disability and their families.
- to offer support as from birth to children with disability into adulthood.
- to offer assistance and support to parents of children with disability and to educate and help them overcome the difficulties that arise from the situation of their child’s disability.
- to organise and carry out those functions and activities which it believes are necessary to fulfill aims above, and to serve as a unifying force for all those who have the welfare of people with disability at heart.
- to facilitate relations between people with disability, their parents, the authorities and professionals in the sector.
Among its aims, the NPSPD strives to be:
- a think tank on disability issues
- a pressure group
- a mover for change, and
- a promoter for inclusion at all levels
In its overall approach, inspiration and actions, the NPSPD:
- believes in the right to life
- believes in equal opportunities for all
- adheres to the social model over the medical model
- considers education and training at all levels to persons with disability as priorities promotes and monitors accessibility.